When you say you are in marketing…
Your parents think you do this.
Your friends think you do this.
Your niece and nephew think you do this.
Yes, those are all marketing. But still, what is marketing?
1. Marketing is about getting your brand and products in front of the right people.
2. Marketing is about creating strong, positive, emotional, long-lasting memories with your brand.
3. Marketing acts as a trigger of those memories to make customers' choice of a brand instinctive.
4. Marketing is the spokesperson for customers in a company.
5. Marketing keeps your company together with the same mission, so all customer touchpoints are harmonized.
What is marketing to you?
This post is partly based on learnings from the book The Business of Choice, I highly recommend anyone in marketing gives it a read!